Simplified Integration for Cloud, Mobile, and On-Premises Delivers Increased Productivity and Lower Costs
The rapid growth of cloud-based applications in the enterprise, combined with organizations’ desire to integrate applications with mobile technologies, is dramatically increasing application integration complexity. To meet this challenge, Oracle today introduced Oracle SOA Suite 12c, the latest version of the industry’s most complete and unified application integration and SOA solution. With simplified cloud, mobile, on-premises, and Internet of Things (IoT) integration capabilities, all within a single platform, Oracle SOA Suite 12c helps organizations speed time to integration, improve productivity, and lower TCO.
What Customers Are Saying
- “Our cloud integration with Oracle SOA Suite has seamlessly connected our field representatives to back-office orders anywhere, anytime, and on any mobile device,” said Rajeev Sethi, senior director of IT Applications at JDSU. “I’m really excited about the major enhancements in Oracle SOA Suite 12c that have made cloud integration and mobile enablement even easier to implement.”
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c enables organizations to easily integrate and connect applications across their entire IT ecosystem on a single, unified platform, helping them achieve faster time to market and increased productivity with a low TCO.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c simplifies cloud integration with ongoing additions to Oracle Cloud Adapters, which help organizations integrate well-known SaaS applications including Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Oracle Service Cloud, Salesforce.com, and many others. This adapter framework uses the same intuitive adapter methodology customers are familiar with for on-premises integration.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c includes new features to help increase developer productivity, including a single-click installer, new debugging and testing capabilities, and extensive templating that can be used to share best practices as well as accelerate the development or maintenance of projects.
- The runtime and footprint of the product have been optimized at every level (memory, disk, database) to support mission critical enterprise-wide deployments and web-scale performance, further enabling customers to process increasingly massive workloads.
- In addition, the new release provides rapid and advanced mobile integration with improved support for lightweight REST and JSON integration standards. API management, which exposes enterprise applications as REST and JSON, is now simplified as a result of native support for these standards within Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
- To extend its B2B solution capabilities with Oracle SOA Suite 12c, Oracle is unveiling Oracle Managed File Transfer, an integrated solution that enables organizations to virtually eliminate file transfer complexities. This allows customers to load data securely into Oracle Cloud applications as well as third-party cloud or partner applications.
- Oracle Event Processing, part of Oracle SOA Suite, can handle up to a million messages per second at extremely low latencies when running on Oracle engineered systems(1), making it the ideal solution to perform real-time filtering, geo-location, and pattern matching on the massive streams of data generated by IoT “smart” devices.
- New to Oracle Event Processing 12c is the shared use of the Oracle SOA Suite user interface, providing companies the ability to seamlessly integrate filtered and correlated big data into actionable enterprise processes for corrective action.
- Oracle Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) 12c, part of Oracle SOA Suite 12c, has been enhanced to enable rapid and flexible assessment of key performance indicators (KPIs) by storing the data in the industry standard star schema format.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c also includes new manageability enhancements for private cloud deployments. Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c features “push button”-style provisioning of complete environments for Oracle SOA 12c and fast data cloning that enables rapid deployment and testing of enterprise applications.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is built on the best-of-breed application server, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, which adds new enhancements for developer productivity, performance, high availability, and manageability. These products are part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is available on Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and scheduled for general availability in July, 2014.
- Register for the launch webcast “Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c” on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10:00 AM PDT.
- Simplified Application Integration
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c unifies disparate environments through a single, complete platform. Oracle SOA Suite 12c enables:
- Simplified Cloud Integration: By providing support for Oracle Cloud Adapters, Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers simplified integration regardless of deployment location—in the cloud or on-premises. Oracle Cloud Adapters provide breakthrough developer productivity, comprehensive connectivity, reliability, and performance for integration. Oracle plans to continue to offer new adapters on the Oracle SOA Suite 12c platform. The latest release also introduces the Oracle Cloud Adapter Software Development Kit (SDK), enabling customers and partners to create their own Oracle Cloud Adapters to simplify integration for future projects.
- Advanced Mobile Integration: To meet organizations’ demands to rapidly integrate mobile applications, Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers support for the REST and JSON integration standards, which are lightweight and well suited for mobile development. In addition, the new release has the capability to automatically convert XML to JSON.
- Increased Productivity: Features include templates to promote best practices and help reduce development time, as well as a unified interface that is standardized on Oracle JDeveloper for Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Event Processing.
- Consolidation of File Exchanges: Oracle SOA Suite 12c also allows for streamlined file transfer management by consolidating disparate FTP point solutions across the organization through Oracle Managed File Transfer, a single, integrated solution that helps to simplify integration, lower costs, and reduce errors.
- “Exciting additions to Oracle SOA Suite include the new Oracle Cloud Adapters that allow for seamless integration with cloud applications. Most organizations have some or most of their non-critical applications in the cloud, whether it is Oracle Applications, Salesforce.com, or others. And integration is always a challenge because you still have to integrate with some of the on-premises systems. With the new Oracle Cloud Adapters, you don’t have to worry about all the operations that are exposed by the cloud provider, allowing integration to be much easier,” said Badhri Rajagopalan, practice director, SOA Integration, Bluenog.
- “To capitalize on new business opportunities, organizations need the flexibility to use diverse solutions and environments to best meet their needs, and this can pose distinct and sizeable application integration challenges,” said Amit Zavery, group vice president, Fusion Middleware, Oracle. “With Oracle SOA Suite 12c, we are helping organizations overcome those obstacles by delivering an integration platform that is specifically designed for organizations’ diverse application ecosystems. By enabling significantly simplified integration, Oracle SOA Suite 12c helps organizations speed time to market, increase productivity, and lower costs.”
- Register for the launch webcast “Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c” on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10:00 AM PDT
- Data Sheet: Oracle SOA Suite 12c
- Podcasts: Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c; Faster Time to Integrate
- White Paper: Simplifying Cloud Integration
- White Paper: Brave New Integration World: A Unified Framework for Cloud, Mobile, Internet of Things, Application Integration, and B2B
- White Paper: Oracle SOA Suite 12c – a Detailed Look
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Join Oracle SOA Suite communities on Facebook, Twitter, Blog, and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.