Market Leader in Business Intelligence and Enterprise Performance Management Extends Portfolio to SAP Cloud powered by SAP HANA
WALLDORF, Germany – For the past five years, analyst firm Gartner has named SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) market leader in business intelligence (BI) and analytics.* In line with its mission to deliver all applications in the cloud, SAP today took steps to extend its market leadership by announcing the availability of analytics solutions in SAP HANA® Enterprise Cloud.
New and existing customers can deploy analytics solutions in SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, a cloud-based service that provides customers a deployment option to gain value quickly from SAP HANA via subscription or through existing licenses. SAP also offers strategic advisory services for customers investing in cloud-based analytics.
SAP Cloud powered by SAP HANA provides the innovation and agility that businesses need to rapidly adapt their processes to capitalize on ever-changing market dynamics — all on a single, integrated platform. Analytics solutions from SAP unleash the power of collective insight by delivering an end-to-end portfolio with rich industry and process expertise, which helps customers unlock valuable data to better understand their business and drive informed decisions. Analytics solutions in SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud include:
- Enterprise BI: Rapidly connect individuals, data and processes to help drive better decisions by offering users the power to engage with their data on any device and across any platform
- Agile visualization: Intuitively explore and visualize data to reveal new insights at-a-glance with trusted data discovery that enables real-time understanding of data both big and small
- Advanced analytics: Anticipate what comes next to drive better business outcomes by applying predictive analytics to all information and processes
- Enterprise performance management (EPM): Help achieve a better top and bottom line through agile financial planning and analysis and an accelerated financial close to disclose
- Governance, risk and compliance: Help reduce cost and effort of managing risk and compliance initiatives while protecting revenue streams and optimizing performance
To further extend the value of collective insight across the full range of mission-critical business applications whether in the cloud or on premise, SAP is also providing options for customers to deploy analytics solutions from SAP in the cloud alongside other cloud-based applications from SAP, including those from SAP companies Ariba and SuccessFactors and third-party cloud applications.
“The ability to understand data and to have analytical insight is paramount for businesses,” said Christian Rodatus, senior vice president and general manager, Analytics, SAP. “SAP helps connect individuals, data and processes to help drive better decisions. SAP is committed to providing our customers the greatest choice of deployment and simplicity to run our best-in-class analytics solutions without sacrificing functionality, agility or support. By announcing the availability of our analytics solutions in SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, we are building on our market leadership and enabling our customers to deploy our portfolio of analytics solutions with more flexibility, choice and the control needed to drive innovation and agility into their businesses.”
Market-Leading Analytics Solutions in the Cloud Built for Business
SAP has been ranked No. 1 in Gartner Inc.’s “Market Share Analysis: Business Intelligence and Analytics Software” report since 2009. In the latest version of the report, SAP had significantly higher revenue than any other vendor at US$3.1 billion and held 21.3 percent of the worldwide BI and analytics software market, a 5.4 percent increase from 2012.*
In a press release, Gartner Research Director Dan Sommer said BI adoption is at an inflection point: “As the market shifts gear, we see a series of tipping points in 2014 that will accelerate (BI) adoption, but it may come from a different place. These tipping points are half of BI and analytics spend will be business driven, half of new license spend will be driven by data discovery requirements, and half of organizations will consider deploying BI in the cloud, at least tactically.”